Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The fourth one

Weather: breezy summery evening
Listening to: my husband read to my kids

One of the promises I always make myself is that if I write something frantically, I will edit it at leisure. So when the edit of the historical novel I wrote earlier in the year (frantically) was returned to me for my consideration this week. Well, you can imagine how I felt.

I have managed to make it to the 50 000 word / one third mark of my current book; a natural place to put it aside for a short while and look at this edit. At the moment I am working from 5am to 7am; during my baby daughter's daytime nap; then again at night (my World of Warcraft habit has been temporarily shelved... and just when I'd got a horse!). It seems to be getting done, but it's hardly leisurely. It feels a bit, well, frantic.

Meanwhile, the research book I borrowed, from which I intended to draw masses of interesting details for my current novel, is now overdue. The best I can hope for is to photocopy a few chapters before it goes back, and have a chance to read them at a later date... perhaps during the frantic edit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy third-day.

sorry about the horse. i'm sure it'll be there for you when you return to demi-normalcy. also glad to know you aren't addicted and can stop any time. ... right?