Saturday, December 15, 2007

The eighth one

Weather: summery and breezy evening
Listening to: Christopher O'Riley "True Love Waits"

What do you suppose other people are doing on Saturday nights? I imagine them getting dressed up real purty, going to dinners and movies, enjoying the evening air... I am chained to this desk for however long it takes to write the 2346 words I need to hit my interim goal of 70 000 words. The longer I procrastinate, the later I'm going to be up (and the tireder I'm going to be tomorrow when one/both of my children wake me at dawn). So why am I on this blog, wasting word-energy and time? Hmm?

I will edit this post when I am done.

9.45pm. Done.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Kim, you are racing ahead! Almost 70,000 words. This must be something of a speed writing record. Holy moley.

The marathon is not over, but you are keeping good pace. (Say I, who has never written a full-on book MS). By the way, I am reading your last book (Duet by Kim aka Kimberley Freeman - as if you could forget it - but for others' benefit)and loving it. It is very different from your other style of writing under your own name (eg Giants of the Frost) but entertaining and brilliant nonetheless. A fun read.

As to what others are doing on Saturday nights - who cares. You are focused on your writing, and that is all that matters at the moment. So forget the fresh air, movies, kids, husband and dinners for now. A well-known author writing her next book - that sounds pretty glam for a Saturday night's work. Good on you! Keep those fingers and brain tapping away. Go, go, go!

Anonymous said...

this won't help you write, but it might make you feel better about not being gussied up on a saturday.

at our house, my hersbind was asleep at 5 pm. i read a spot of bother from 4:30 to 10. we party hard here.

you can do this. you have the story in your head. i sense you dig the craziness in a twisted way.

you're a gladiatrix killing those deadlines.